29 August 2008

Peaches (not the band)


I got up very early yesterday to prepare a flat of peaches for crisps. They are so beautiful, I feel moved by them. I have been transitioning into fall the best I can. After a few irrational phone calls declaring my hatred for the season and burning my bathing suits in a pile on the street, I feel ready to accept it. Walking into the kitchen at work on Thursday night and smelling a boiling pot of chanterelles helped. Blanching these peaches made me feel ok about the good parts of end of summer. 
We went to DOC for dinner last night and tried the tasting menu- it was really great. The room is really interesting and the food was carefully prepared and very lovely. We had mutton that was tender and delicious- I thought mutton was supposed to be gamey and horrible...

No comments: